From what I’m led to believe, this is a fairly new service ’24 hour care’. Care at home agencies refer to this service as ‘live in care’.
For an easy description of what it is, just watch this video:
Or watch on youtube, here.
Who is this type of care right for?
I personally had live in care after my car crash, where I needed regular assistance within the home to recover.
Apart from this, I know it’s very popular with elder people because it can allow them to live in home, even if they suffer from disabilities or things like alzheimer’s and dementia.
The video basically explains everything you need to know.
I’ll write another post later if anyone is interested in choosing the right home care or live in care agency. Just leave a comment if you would like to see that!
Until next time.
Most women of today are not found at home knitting and taking care of children. Instead they are at some office working or working in a bluebird care for Regents Park to help her husband bring home the bacon. Will she be able to find time for herself to work her way towards the figure she desires?
Every woman has her own beauty to show as well as style. But when a woman starts to add up on her weight, she feels she’s not beautiful anymore because she cannot fit into the clothes she used to wear. This is a common preconception of women entering mid-30’s to 40’s. Most of the time, aches and pains follow after lifting a patient towards the bed or helping them with their bath. However, this should not be the case.
Instead, she should be celebrating her womanhood, especially if she has a family of her own and a career she can be proud of. It is mighty difficult for a woman to juggle family and work and achieve balance. When she does, she tends to forget herself and start putting on those extra pounds, especially when she’s left alone to care for the elderly parents while the husband goes to work.
When a woman starts to feel conscious and dissatisfied with her figure and her weight, it’s high time she consults weight loss centers especially if she spends the major part of her day in an office or sitting at home taking care of the children or works as a staff of Maida Vale care at home agencies. Most of the work that entails care workers do not require much activity like walking and running. As such, they are also at risk for putting on much weight than desired. Here are 3 simple tips on how the active career woman can do some exercise at the office and at the home care agency:
- Fill a small bottle with water around 500ml and close the lid securely. Sit down on your chair and hold the bottle in one hand as relax as possible on your side. Breathe in as you flex your arm towards your chest while holding the bottle. Repeat the cycle for 32 counts, and then do the other arm.
- When your patient is still asleep, get the book you read to your patient. It can very well function as a nice exercise tool. Put the book on the floor and sit upright on your chair. Breathe in as you reach for the book and breathe out when you go back to your previous position. Then breathe in as you put the book back onto the floor then seat straight up. Repeat this cycle for 32 counts.
- The small trash can located under the table or the patient’s bed can also be used as an exercise tool. Put your left leg on the other side of the trash can and your right leg on the other side such that the trash can lie in between your lower legs or feet. Both of your hands should be under your seat or holding the seat part for support. Breathe in as you lift the trash can up and breathe out when you put it down. Repeat the cycle for 32 counts.
These are simple steps that a woman who cannot catch some time for exercise was able to invent. Adding some brisk walking some 3-4 blocks away from the home care agency office or your patient’s home is also a good way to jump start your day and tone those leg muscles.
Found an interesting video of caring for a family member suffering from dementia in your (or their) home. Watch it here:
Here’s a few of the tips for anyone that can’t watch right now:
- Dementia is an umbrella term and different types have a variety of symptoms, one popular type is alzheimer’s
- People often lose the ability to walk properly
- Have a look at shoes for being worn down
- Keep clutter out of the way
- Block access to all stairs
- Install door locks to prevent them leaving the house without your knowing
All of this mixed in with full time caring can be a lot of hassle. If you’re looking to take some of that work off of your shoulders, home care northampton will be able to help you.
They’re a care at home agency that can care for your family member up to 24 hours, 7 days per week. Or alternatively give you extra assistance at your chosen times, so you don’t have to devote your entire life to being a carer.