Is life passing you in a whirlwind of activities and personal drama’s? Would you want more relaxed days? That is not likely to occur but what can happen is you may decrease clutter and simplify your life by making a few simple decisions and making a couple of changes. Below are some useful tips on reducing clutter to simplify our lives.
1. If you have been avoiding doing a task and it keeps nagging at you, it’s time to finish it. By handling the hardest tasks first, this gives you the liberty of going on to doing other things you prefer to do with a clear conscience.
2. Do you receive plenty of newspaper into your life and your house on a daily basis? You can decide to stop paper stressing you out, taking your up your time and cluttering your space. Get yourself off junk mail lists. Some companies can help remove you from unwanted mail lists. To find companies that offer such services, search online. They can help you reduce the junk mail by over 90%. Reduce the number of catalogues you are currently getting and unwanted mail.
3. Reduce clutter in your house and car. Having plenty of stuff causes anxiety because it requires some time and effort for maintenance and it takes our attention away from other things need to focus on. It also leads to time wastage as we search for items. You can donate or sell unwanted and unused products.
4. Eliminating debt may reduce clutter if you have been stressing about it. Or if you use your cards to buy stuff just because it’s available on sale, a good but or simply too good or pass up and you do not need. Having less is one way of simplifying things.
5. Pay your bills online and get your statements online rather than receiving ending paper bills. This eliminates the need for writing out checks, using an envelope and a stamp (which saves money) and then placing it in the mailbox. Make a folder on the computer to send the alarms you receive when you are notified by your bank that a bill was paid. This is a great method of reducing clutter.
6. Rather than attempting to recall everything you have in your mind, make use of a planner. Take it along with you everywhere you go. This will lessen clutter on your car, bag, car, on your kitchen countertops, and in your desk, as you will not have these pesky pieces of paper with appointments and notes all over the place.
Consider the benefits of reducing clutter. Keep your eyes focused on the goal as you try to make your life easier.